OF THE MIND
WITH KAMALA ANGEL
The Yoga of the Mind
with Kamala Angel
When: 6 week course - 19th October - 23rd November
Time: Mondays 6:00pm – 8:00pm via Zoom
* SM TT Graduates receive additional 10% off
* Those on 6 month or 12 month contract may attend free
* (Sessions will be recorded and you can receive a recording if you are unable to attend at the time it is on).
In times of stress and anxiety is it possible to catch hold of the mind with the same skill that we learn to catch hold of the body?
Can we learn to navigate through our negative emotions and find mental balance?
Is it possible to live peacefully with ourselves and others?
The Yoga of the Mind is a six week course which dives deeply into the nature of mind, the causes of suffering, and path of Liberation.
Our road-map is the Pātañjalayogaśāstra, the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali.
We will look at:
1. Understanding human suffering, its causes and cure
2. Patanjali’s roadmap: The three paths
3. The destination: Samadhi – the involution of consciousness
4. Astanga Yoga, your step-by-step guide
5. Mind, waves, and the causes of human suffering
6. Liberation, and the obstacles to Liberation
Teacher – Kamala Angel
Kamala is a senior Sivananda Yoga teacher who has been teaching in the Blue Mountains since 1989. She has taught our Sukha Mukha Teacher Training Philosophy workshops since 2011, the Raja Yoga Certificate Course at the Sivananda Ashram in France since 2015, and the Raja Yoga and Sanskrit courses in the Advanced TTC in Rudraprayag, Himalayas since 2019.